The Waco Downtown Farmers Market is celebrating our one year anniversary! Join us for all sorts of fun and games – including face painting, a whole line-up of local Waco music, petting zoo, farm & craft demonstrations, wine and beer sampling, and more!! KWBU (Waco’s own NPR station) will also be tabling – providing lots of great NPR swag – and recording interviews with market folks.
And it’s the weekend before Thanksgiving – so grab all your feasting ingredients!
Other activities for the day include:
- a Petting Zoo by World Hunger Relief, Inc.
- Face Painting by Mary Anne Summers
- Recycled Paper Making with the Urban Gardening Coalition
- Arts and Crafts Projects with the Waco Arts Initiative
- Coil Pots and Felt Ball Making with Homestead Crafts
- Letter Writing Campaign in honor of the National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
- Painting Tires for the Herb Garden at the Urban Farm with the Junior League
- Antique Tractor demonstration of wheat and corn grinding by Chavers Pumpkin Farm
- Family Photos and Holiday Cards with Jena Willard
- Local Music Lineup
- Stone Soup made by Green with Envy Kitchen and Story told by Enchanted Cedar
- Brat and Beer special by Seeder Shak and Dancing Bear Pub
- Yoga for everyone!
Here’s a simple little hand-drawn map of where all the activities will be located: Hand-drawn 11/17 Site Plan. We will also have a map at the WDFM Welcome Booth at Market on Saturday – to help you navigate around Market!